[Coco] Am9511 Arithmetic Processing Unit Cartridge Pak for the Color Computer

Patrick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:35:13 EDT 2023

On 3/14/2023 6:35 PM, Don Barber via Coco wrote:

> Sorry, I should clarify. I should say I did not design my Pak to have
> direct memory access.
>
> Evidently it is doable to pair the Am9511 with a DMA controller to do
> such, ...

I always wanted an extra tier, flip the flipped access to a second bank
of RAM, kinda like a video card. CPU <> SAM+RAM <> CoCPU <> SAM+VRAM <>
VDG. The CoCPU mainly helping add textures and such (think Fractalus
with trees). That CoCPU could babysit a math chip faster than a 6x09 can
divide;-)… Maybe someday I can really retire to create my monster.

-ricku / CoNect