[Coco] Minor 'Fest announcement (LEDs)

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Apr 1 14:17:31 EDT 2023

On 4/1/2023 11:13 AM, Francis Swygert via Coco wrote:
> Jim=====================================
> What would be nice is if the LEDs did something, not just for looks. Power on (well, since they run off the Coco 5V power that's obvious), maybe cassette relay active (not sure how useful that would be), etc. I don't know what would be useful that you could pull from the motherboard. Disc activity would be nice, but no way to pull it. Could probably have the CART select line light one, but can it be done easily without interfering with the signal?

Plugging in under the CPU socket would offer a way to do quite a bit of
this, as a small CPLD could grab the writes to various things like
relay, fast mode, slow mode, etc.  disk activity I think can be pulled,
if you assume the controller is at $ff4x...

CART line is a bit tougher (needs a flying lead), as that line is not at
the CPU.  you might also be able to trigger on NMI vector pull, which
might be an alternative way.

THe trick is what things are worth caring about.

JIm

> Frank Swygert
>   Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
>   803-604-6548