[Coco] Code in email

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:37:42 EDT 2022

I seem to remember that way back when the server that runs this list was somewhat hardware constrained and Dennis asked us to not post lengthy code listings and such to keep emails small.

It's been a few years and I was wondering if that is still the case.  I can't see the (text) size of any code snippets or full programs being much more than 32 or 64K and that seems relatively small by today's standards.  As one data point, the smallest email item I have in my current inbox is 55K.

Is it time to considering saying that code snippets are OK?  Or is this still running on a server that we don't want to overload?

I don't have any insight here - just some older memories of how things were set up and wanted to ask.

Thanks all!
John