[Coco] Getting back into the Coco Community after a 4+ year break

Mark McDougall mark at mcdougall.family
Fri Feb 4 06:21:28 EST 2022

On 4/02/2022 5:51 pm, computerdoc wrote:

> After a 4+ year hiatus, I am getting back into the Coco Community.

I'd welcome you back myself Kip, but I'm on a bit of hiatus from CoCo
stuff myself atm. Haven't touched a CoCo or listened to a podcast for
well over a year I don't think. Life just got in the way...

> I am writing the list to seek assistance in setting up my local Coco
> disk software build system on my new (to me) HP ZBook laptop running
> both Windows 11 and Linux Mint like I use to do in Windows 7 years
> back. I might setup Cygwin on Windows 11 with the NitrOS-9 build system
> just to have a starting point before getting everything running in
> Linux.

Have you looked in to WSL & WSL2?

I installed Ubuntu under WSL on a Win10 laptop a while back for work and
IMHO it's a far, far better option than dual-boot, VMs or Cygwin (ughhh
what a bodgy PITA).

Good luck!

Regards,

--