[Coco] Which do you prefer and why? CoCo 1/2/3

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 13:23:11 EDT 2017

I don't really prefer any one over the other. Back in the 80s I purchased a CoCo I and eventually got a disk drive and OS-9 Level I. I still have it; however, it is located in Mexico and I hardly use it.
Currently, I am aiming for a CoCo 3. My logic is that if I am going to get familiar with this technology all over again, I might as well use the last iteration of the product. Of course, that won't stop me from getting an additional CoCo if I see one for $5 at a garage sale :-D. Thanks to the generosity of HRietveld, I got a non-functional CoCo 3 at CoCoFEST! Since part of my objective of getting back into the CoCo world is learning electronics, I look forward to fixing this computer (hoping it's not the GIME) and most likely pester this group when I get stuck. I will document everything and will post here when I have something.
If hunting for vintage computer stuff, do not neglect estate sales, garage sales, Goodwill stores and Craigslist, or equivalent (assuming any of these apply to your geographic area)
Salvador