[Coco] OS-9 Pascal P-code Interpreters

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Aug 24 17:44:40 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 02:49:40PM -0500, Joel Ewy wrote:
> Hey, does anybody know if the OS-9 Pascal P-code interpreters are compatible
> with other, UCSD-style P-code interpreters, such as the one for the Apple
> II, CP/M, or the original IBM PC?  For a possible future exhibit of classic
> computers at a local maker space, I would like to try running a P-code
> program on a variety of vintage platforms, and I'd very much like the CoCo
> to be one of them.

I've had this same question myself -- I think I've even asked it here.
Alas, I don't recall any meaningful answer.

I reckon that someone needs to do a little ground work, transferring
files from the Apple II (or other) P-system and trying them out on
the CoCo.  I suspect that person will also need to create some sort
of utility to add the "P-code" OS-9 module headers to the programs
as well.

Hopefully someone is bored enough to try it and let us know! ;-)

John