[Coco] Color Computer (1) Power Switch

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Aug 4 16:11:35 EDT 2015

> On Aug 4, 2015, at 11:28 , Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:
>
> On 08/04/2015 12:10 AM, Arthur Flexser wrote:
>> Why would one need jumper wires?  If I'm recalling correctly, isn't the
>> switch one that stays on once it is pushed in?  So, couldn't you just push
>> it into the on position with the eraser end of a pencil or some such, and
>> leave it that way, if all you're looking for is a way to have it stay on?
>>
>> Art
> Well, my recollection was that the switch mechanism was jammed and couldn't be operated by, say, sticking a chopstick into it.  I just now confirmed that the remainder of the switch doesn't operate.  But while I had remembered it being stuck off, I'm now finding that it is stuck in the 'on' position, so that's a much better situation. Color BASIC 1.1.

If the switch stalk is broken off deep enough that the external coil spring is missing, then there's nothing to return the switch back to the off position once you push it back into the housing. And if the coil spring is missing, then the toggling mechanism probably fell out, too. So it makes sense that it would be stuck on.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/