[Coco] Color Computer (1) Power Switch

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Aug 4 14:28:58 EDT 2015

On 08/04/2015 12:10 AM, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> Why would one need jumper wires?  If I'm recalling correctly, isn't the
> switch one that stays on once it is pushed in?  So, couldn't you just push
> it into the on position with the eraser end of a pencil or some such, and
> leave it that way, if all you're looking for is a way to have it stay on?
>
> Art
Well, my recollection was that the switch mechanism was jammed and
couldn't be operated by, say, sticking a chopstick into it.  I just now
confirmed that the remainder of the switch doesn't operate.  But while I
had remembered it being stuck off, I'm now finding that it is stuck in
the 'on' position, so that's a much better situation. Color BASIC 1.1.

JCE