[Coco] Another Coco Virtual Disk Util

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:01:12 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus)
<retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still don't buy this concept of emudsk. What is the purpose of an
> emulator if not to emulate 100% the hardware ?
>
> You should not change the software to run it under an emulator right ? When
> you run windows XP under VIrtual Box or VMWare you don't install emu
> drives, you just use the real drivers. That's the way it should be.

Not sure I understand the point you are trying to make.  For what it's
worth, yes, you do install VirtualBox or VMWare drivers in XP when
using them in a virtualized environment.  These are called the "vmware
tools" or virtualbox additions and they improve performance and add
new functionality such as seamless window display on the host, file
transfer, performance monitoring, etc.