[Coco] wget hangup

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Mar 4 11:25:02 EST 2013

On 03/04/2013 10:18 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2013 10:35 AM, "Joel Ewy" <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:

> like:
>>> Sorry Aaron, the disk image is named dw4_server_l2_6309.dsk and I'm
> pretty sure it came from one of the two mentioned sites, though it's been a
> couple years since I grabbed it.  Must have been getting sleepy last night.
>   Does the DW4 server have error logs I can check?
>> OK, here's a clue:  Mon Mar 04 2013 09:32:21.139  WARN DWVPortHandler
>   dwproto-0-9         Unknown API command: 'url get http://www.google.com/'
>> Is my wget using an obsolete version of the API?  If so, is there an
> alternative place to get a more current build if www.nitros9.org is down?
>> JCE
>>

> Ah yes, its coming back to me now.
> Wget does indeed use an old api that is not present in current servers.
>
> Instead of wget, you can use the dw utility (which is just a shim that
> provides access to the high level dw api).
>
> dw server list http://google.com
>
> Or the shorthand
>
> dw s l http://url
>
> And you can use standard io redirection to put the data into a file.
>
> Please get rid of that old disk,  I think it can only cause trouble.  The
> dw download page has disks with current software.

FWIW, there is still a wget on
https://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/download/nos96309l2v030209coco3_dw3.dsk?attredirects=0&d=1
that's identical to the one I've been trying to use:

Module size:  $02C1  #705
Module CRC:  $CE3316

So even a new disk image still has this problem.  I found an assembly
source file for wget on my hard drive.  What would it take to update it
to the current API?  My 6809 is pretty rusty, but a project like that
might be about my speed.  Until then, I'll use the dw command.

JCE