[Coco] wget hangup

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:18:06 EST 2013

On Mar 4, 2013 10:35 AM, "Joel Ewy" <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:

> On 03/04/2013 09:29 AM, Joel Ewy wrote:
>>
>> On 03/04/2013 04:23 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>>
>>> Where did this dw4_l2_6309 disk come from?  I dont recall anything
>>> with that name, but maybe i'm forgetting something.
>>> I would recommend using only disks from the nitros9 nightly site or
>>> the drivewire download page.

>> Sorry Aaron, the disk image is named dw4_server_l2_6309.dsk and I'm
pretty sure it came from one of the two mentioned sites, though it's been a
couple years since I grabbed it.  Must have been getting sleepy last night.
 Does the DW4 server have error logs I can check?

 dwproto-0-9         Unknown API command: 'url get http://www.google.com/'

alternative place to get a more current build if www.nitros9.org is down?

> JCE

Ah yes, its coming back to me now.
Wget does indeed use an old api that is not present in current servers.

Instead of wget, you can use the dw utility (which is just a shim that
provides access to the high level dw api).

dw server list http://google.com

Or the shorthand

dw s l http://url

And you can use standard io redirection to put the data into a file.

Please get rid of that old disk,  I think it can only cause trouble.  The
dw download page has disks with current software.

>> By the way, where's www.nitros9.org gone?  Surely it doesn't have
anything to do with a possible future project name change yet, does it?