[Coco] No more dream ports (Was:Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?)

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 26 01:19:47 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Bjork
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:24 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] No more dream ports (Was:Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz
8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?)

Here is a link to a video of Marty's Nightmare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cvun0UZDfE
(Skip about 1/2 in to see the game in action.)

Steve

Hi, Steve.  I was one of the "few" lucky ones who were able to buy a copy of
Marty's Nightmare when it was first introduced.  I think you only made a
limited number of copies, and it was a tribute to Marty Goodman but, IIRC,
it was in conjuction with some event.  I played that game for a long time.
A few years ago I asked you at a CocoFest if you might have any other copies
you would be willing to sell since mine is no longer usable.  I gave you a
check, but you did not cash it since I'm sure you did not find a copy to
send to me.

Do you think you will ever be able to make additional copies of this great
game, and have them available for sale?  I'm sure I'm not alone in this
request.  Many of your games are still available to buy as originals from
eBay and other sources, but "Marty" is not since only a relatively few
copies were made.  I'm not a Coco game player anymore, but I would start
again if legal copies of "Marty" were made available for sale.  That was a
really great game.

--- CocoSteve ---