[Coco] Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 24 14:47:30 EDT 2013

Like I said, porting the actual original Wolf 3D code (C ?) will not
yield anything anywhere near playable on the CoCo.

You have to custom write the code to gain the speed such as that CoCo
demo showed.

Also, how many colours is that CoCo demo showing? Is it only 4?

Add in the sprites , action effects (guns and explosions) and scorimg
and it crumples to a crawl.

The resolution in my GateCrasher was 128x96 in 16 colors. This was an
undocumented CoCo3 GIME chip mode.

I didn't use texture mapping in order get the speed but I did have 2
channel interrupt driven sound effects and it was a complete game.

Here it is on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVFn_djQ6EY

Nick