[Coco] No more dream ports (Was:Wolfenstein 3-D on a 4.77mhz 8088? So, 6809 port, anyone?)

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Fri Apr 26 05:22:45 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 06:58:35PM +1000, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 26/04/2013 2:45 PM, Kip Koon wrote:
>
> >Here, Here!  I concur!  I agree!  Let's Do it!  Let's finally go beyond
> >being the Coco 3 and really create The Great & Mighty Coco Everything
> >Edition.  From what little I understand about FPGAs, you guys can make them
> >do anything as long as there are more gates to commandeer!  :)
>
> Ah, the quarterly 'Coco 4' post! ;)

I know there's good work being done with coco emulators both in hardware and software
which extend the capabilities of the original coco. I'm not referring to those efforts
with this email.

I would like to ask that email threads that are pipe dreams about a new coco4 and what it should
be capable of, the requirements of it, etc include some indication in the subject line so I can
ignore it. As Mark has pointed out this is a regular theme here and quickly devolves into a debating
society.

The Other Frank