[Coco] An interesting Korean CoCo2 - 26-3134 (no 'A' or 'B')

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:26:48 EST 2012

On 11/16/2012 8:04 AM, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:

> You are describing the last CoCo 2 board version which should carry
> the 26-3127B model number.  As well most of this version had Tandy on
> both the front emblem and on the label on the bottom. The 26-3127A
> generally said Tandy on the front and Radio Shack on the bottom
> label.  Only the 26-3127B had the upgraded T1 video chip.
>
> Bruce W.

Hi Bruce,

I'll have to double check, but, I'm 99.99999% sure the top label says
Radio Shack, and the model number is definitely 26-3134. That doesn't
mean someone didn't do a board transplant at some point (maybe there was
a problem and the owner took it to get serviced and someone at RS
decided it needed a new board?). I know it's not an earth shattering
find, but, this one kinda surprised me since it was so different than my
other CoCo2 models. This one does not have the upgraded video chip, either.

Brian