[Coco] An interesting Korean CoCo2 - 26-3134 (no 'A' or 'B')

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Nov 16 08:04:04 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian"

> On 11/15/2012 11:50 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 15 November 2012 23:47:30 Brian did opine:
>>
>>> I'm pretty sure
>>> I'm looking at a 64k, ECB upgrade to what was once a 16k CoCo2 with
>>> Color Basic. Are all of these other jumpers and the wire from ECLK
>>> necessary for it to use a 128k (27128) EPROM?
>>>

>>> Brian
>> Brian:  Those 64k/128k markers are for rearranging the rom access, either
>> for a 64k (64 kilobits, aka 8 kilobytes) or 128k=16kilobytes roms.
>> Nothing
>> to do with how much memory is in it, which appear to be a pair of 64kby4
>> bit rams, so two work side by side to supply all 8 bits.
>> Cheers, Gene
>
> Gene,
>
> Like I said, it was more of a curiosity issue with me since I did the math
> ((64 * 4)/8)*2)=64. Was more surprised by the board layout since it was
> completely different than the other two CoCo2s that I have, and there
> didn't seem to be much info available.
>

> Brian

You are describing the last CoCo 2 board version which should carry the
26-3127B model number.  As well most of this version had Tandy on both the
front emblem and on the label on the bottom.  The 26-3127A generally said
Tandy on the front and Radio Shack on the bottom label.  Only the 26-3127B
had the upgraded T1 video chip.

Bruce W.