[Coco] Thoughts on modern computers (sort of off topic)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 31 15:17:53 EST 2012

On 1/02/2012 6:07 AM, Frank Swygert wrote:

> Linux is now at least as easy as Windows,

It's been a few years now, but that certainly wasn't the case last time
I attempted to switch to Ubuntu for my desktop. Sure, it installs easy
enough, but the free ride stops there. First sound issues, then when it
came to my TV tuner card, I eventually re-formatted my HDD with WinXP.
Never got around to installing or running any of my other applications
either... my experience thus far had been too demoralising.

Hopefully things have improved, as you say!

Regards,

--
| <http://pacedev.net> |