[Coco] bru was Re: LHA question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Dec 29 17:33:11 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 01:02:20PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Willard: As it turns out once I got a connection to the coco going, that is
> /dd/sys/bru.dev, and you can change the first device to /x3 I
> believe.

Yes, /dd/sys/bru.dev and the file specified by -f both refer to the
location of the brufile.  That's not my problem, the brufile is on /d2
right were I left it, on about 15 disks.

What I want to do is unarchive that backup onto /x3.  bru -x /x3
doesn't work, it wants to search the brufile for /x3, not restore TO
/x3!

Anyway, I looked at /d2/brufile with ded, and every file has its full
original path (/dd/foo/bar/baz) with it, so I guess there wouldn't be
any easy way to override that.

I guess I'll have to play around some more and make /dd be a drivewire
virtual disk, then I can restore my backup to it.

Thanks anyway,
Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA