[Coco] Creating DSK images via Drivewire and HDB-DOS question

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Dec 20 05:45:55 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 07:12:57PM +1000, Nick Marentes wrote:
> Am I doing something wrong? Has my absence from my CoCo created a
> deterioration of my brain cells?

What OS is your server running under?  If it's linux or (maybe) MacOSX
you can just use DD(1).

to extract a 160K image(disk #N) from a drivewire HDB-DOS hard drive
image:
dd if=hdb.dsk of=image.dsk bs=256 skip=Nx630 count=630 conv=sync

to install a 160K image as disk #N to a drivewire HDB-DOS hard drive
image:
dd if=image.DSK of=hdb.dsk bs=256 seek=Nx630 count=630 conv=notrunc

Under windows you have to use something like imgtool?  I don't do
windows, sorry.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA