[Coco] Dealing with unwanted topics and some rambling on my coco stuff

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:12:27 EDT 2008

Long post.... A.D.D. folks shoud just get on to the next post

 I just added a new message rule in my email client, to eliminate another
unwanted topic, applied it to this folder and viola! They were gone!

 Future email to this list that have this unwanted topic are gone!. That was
easy!

So. The bottom line is this....

 Please, when going off topic, always add into the subject line the NEW
subject so that it will be easy for me not to have to manually get rid of
them.
 If creating a new topic which may be considered "Offensive"? ( I can't grok
that ) or not related to our intent on this list , make the subject line
reflect the topic in the message.

 In deleting these "Copyright" messages, it was only 33 of a total message
count for this year(now in my computer) of  4339. I suppose these thirty
three messages aren't such a big deal considering the scope of this year's
messages. Just another rule that I add.

 I really don't mind these discussions that aren't in line with the intent
of this list. Sometimes, as I said in a previous post on another topic, I
find them amusing or at least, entertaining.
 I hope YOUR email client has this same feature. I'm using Outlook Express
that came with W-XP Pro.

 Use these rules in the subject line so the "Message Rules" in our email
clients can deal with it and we won't have to see them.

 Interesting, I sever see any of these problems on any of my cocos. They
just keep doing my wishes and performing as I expect.

 Except... when I make a mistake. That happens quite often.

 I hope I didn't "Offend" anyone.

 I still can't figure how any of the posts on this list could offend
anyone... Well, almost. There were a few, maybe a couple of them this year
or was it last year when a guy came in and was going to "Save the Coco
Community" by archiving EVERYTHING ever associated with the Coco.
Yeah!, he annoyed me also.  This really kicked off the "Copyright, patent
and other silly stuff on this old stuff we play with" topics.

  Bad language was directed to this person and some poorly thought out words
were said,  I think alcohol was involved and the thinking was not right.
 Stuff happens! Perhaps, someday I might have one or two(six packs) too many
and say something stupid on this list. The odds are that this might not
happen. When I get THAT stupid, I can't type. So I give up. The next day, I
don't even care about it any longer.... usually.

 My collection of software and hardware for the Color Computer includes ONLY
items that I have the right to own. I've had stolen software in the past.
However, all the software I had illegally in the past is long gone because I
never used it. Didn't really want it to start with. but it was given to me
by another person.

 All this stuff was >> > Games.

 I never got into that except for POPCORN. I loved that game. I still have
it on ROM and a disk image.

 Movin' fright along now... < intentional

--------- Coco CNC Machine (yes, I'm stuck on that)

 Making an S on my CNC Coco machine(engraving)  is tough. Too many angles!!

 I've been working on this one for three days. The font I'm working on
requires six arcs to make that letter...bummer.

 One arc has the center point off the machine's table. I love the fun of
doing this. It's a challenge and when it works correctly, quite rewarding.

 I wish someone else would attempt to use a coco for CNC Machining stuff so
I would not be alone.

 I've been an outrider for many years, so I"m not feeling left out.  It
would just be nice to share this experience with someone. I know, not one
person (in person) that has a clue what the heck I'm doing. However, they
are impressed with the results.
 None understand the computer and the obsticals I'm dealing with. Only a
couple of folks even remember the Coco. and then only vaguely.

 Yeah, I like my Color Computer, steam engines, old stuff that still
works.......

 and me.

 I really love this list and it makes me sad when someone gives up and drops
out.

 We are (like it or not) a family.

 Fight, we will. Love, we must.

 Live with it.

George

 Please make the subject line related to your reply as, I've rambled and
changed the subject even in my own message.
DOH!