[Coco] George's CNC Machine (WAS: Something else)

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Tue Sep 23 21:08:02 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 19:12 -0500, George Ramsower wrote:

> --------- Coco CNC Machine (yes, I'm stuck on that)
>
>  Making an S on my CNC Coco machine(engraving)  is tough. Too many angles!!
>

>  I've been working on this one for three days. The font I'm working on
> requires six arcs to make that letter...bummer.

I have no experience whatsoever with milling machines (though it sounds
intriguing - there's another guy lurking 'round here by the name of Ron
Bihler who plays with CNC machines as part of his business, maybe he's
listening) - maybe you can describe the problems you have.  I'm not
mechanically inclined but my trig and calc are pretty good.  You start
talking about approximating arcs and I start thinking Riemann sums..

C.