[Coco] NOS9 / Burke & Burke

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Oct 20 13:17:03 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/19/06 4:15:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vchester at setec-cr.com writes:

>I've  found quite a few old executables that I do not recall at all. Some
>of  them are: rat, hordes, pacos9, d, ds, df, fls, descgenL2,  wheres,
>dyancalc, cursive, osterm, etc. And some gif, vef and mac image  viewers
>with what appears to be source (.c)

Some of these are very valuable and useful, if they're what I think they  are:
DS = Dynastar, a very fine text editor, for documents and source code  alike
DF = DynaForm, the "dot processor" markup text formatter that works with  DS.
 It can even do cross-indexing and table of contents.

I wrote all the UltiMusE manuals with these.

DescGenL2 sounds like a Device Descriptor Generator, which should make a  lot
of nasty precision work a lot easier.

DynaCalc = spreadsheet.
OsTerm = the terminal program for BBS, heavily used in those days.

Those image viewers would be of interest to Roger, but I think he wrote
entirely in assembler.

Anyway, don't sell that cow, or reformat that HD!  --Mike K.