[Coco] NOS9 / Burke & Burke

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 19 16:55:23 EDT 2006

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> I put BBFHdisk.dr, DD_st225.dd, and H0_st225.dd into NOS9Boot right
> after D2 on a floppy.
> Then updated /H0/CMDS with all NOS9 commands, added sysgo to /H0 and
> BINGO! Works like a charm!
> Still have original OS9Boot and ALTBoot on the HD... Will my Burke &
> Burke XT ROM boot from the HD once I update everything? What about the
> INIT module?
>
 ><snip>

Not having access to the B&B ROM or DOS as the case may be, I don't know
the answer. Clearly you will need to replace the OS9Boot and or ALTBoot
on the hard drive with the new one you created. As for booting directly
from the hard drive, it will depend on how the B&B code for DOS works
and whether you have a suitable Boot module in OS9Boot. The Boot module
used to boot from the floppy won't work.

The NitrOS-9 distribution contains a Burk Boot module. That should be
used when creating the new OS9boot. If that file is placed on the hard
drive, there is a good chance you can boot without using a floppy.