[Coco] Trouble with OmniFlop

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 28 15:53:12 EDT 2006

Roger Taylor wrote:
 ><snip>
> I'll check my version and get back to you on that, but I am reading all
> of my 3.5" CoCo floppy disks using OmniFlop with no trouble.  These are
> disks I made 10 years ago all on a real CoCo from OS-9 and Disk BASIC,
> some single and some double-sided.
>
> The formatting is apparently stepping all of the tracks (you can hear
> that) and doing a DIR shows a clean disk with no directory.

I've had success but am not sure if it makes sense. I was under the
impression that the normal tpi for a Coco was 48. That was the value I
was using with OmniFlop with 3.5" disks. It does not work.

Jason suggested trying 96tpi and that gives perfect results.

So Bert, for starters try selecting 96tpi when formatting and writing
with OmniFlop and let us know what happens.