[Coco] Re: Rainbow on Disc - OCR

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Fri Jun 10 13:48:22 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that Michael Wayne Harwood may have mentioned these words:
>John,
>
>You can go ahead and get started.

As far as OCR is concerned, my buddy 'Goon' -> my home system, is fairly
old in today's terms (4 years) but still a pretty zippy system: Dual Athlon
2600+ MP's, 512Meg RAM (could add more if I can find it -- it takes ECC!
;-) , SCSI/IDE/Firewire drives, & whatnot. It's based on the very first
Dual Athlon mobo ever. It does pretty decently on transcoding MPGs, so it
should hold up OK for OCR. ;-)

I'm assuming decent OCR proggies require a bit'o'horsepower, and that I
have, so I can donate CPU juice for the cause as necessary...

Also, any Rainbows out of my collection are up for grabs, but they're in
storage right now so I can't tell you what all I have. I have friends at
the local printshop, so if any are needed, I can have the binding sheared
off before shipping to whomever would do the scanning.

As my ancient Umax Astra 1200S doesn't have a sheetfeeder, tho, I'd rather
not have to do any scanning, but if it's minimal (say 1 or 2 issues) I
might be able to be talked into it.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!