[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Rainbow on Disc - OCR

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Jun 10 16:11:13 EDT 2005

Here is an example. I just scanned the Adventure International Catalog Vol 2
Issue 5; 24 pages plus a 4 page insert.

At 300 dpi color it came to 224 MB (235,143,168 bytes) as images and
information on processing (ABBYY Fine Reader). Saved as a PDF of the page
with the searchable and copyable text underneath, and allowing ABBYY to
shrink it as it prefers, it came to 7.40 MB (7,766,016 bytes) which seems
reasonable IMO. You will gain some by using B&W but of course the mags are
much bigger. In this format it is very readable (like straight images) but
you can also search and copy the text.

Regards,

Neil Morrison