[Coco] Entire OT: Me and mine

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Thu Jun 2 12:06:52 EDT 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 10:47 AM, Rod Barnhart wrote:

> Remind me never to announce that I'm starting a project until I'm
> finished with it ;)
>
> In my time, I have started, but not completed, too many projects (most
> not CoCo related) to keep track of. There is simply too much in Real
> Life <tm> to deal with to get all of my projects done. The difference
> between James and I are that I have never announced a project. I guess
> my point is, for most of us, if not all - even the ones who make a
> little money (probably not enough to recover development costs) from
> this, the CoCo is a hobby. I would love to see James post what he has
> so far before going into lurk mode, but I do not begrudge him if he
> does not.

Haven't we all done that? The difference here is that I was relying
on James to complete a task on the SDCC C cross compiler project.  He
gave no indication in the private mailing list that he was going to
drop out and disappear; on the contrary, his emails indicated to me
that he was going to complete the task.

In light of his last post, I feel sympathetic to his plight.  At the
same time, I won't put myself in the position to rely on him again.

Boisy