[Coco] Entire OT: Me and mine

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:47:32 EDT 2005

Remind me never to announce that I'm starting a project until I'm
finished with it ;)

In my time, I have started, but not completed, too many projects (most
not CoCo related) to keep track of. There is simply too much in Real
Life <tm> to deal with to get all of my projects done. The difference
between James and I are that I have never announced a project. I guess
my point is, for most of us, if not all - even the ones who make a
little money (probably not enough to recover development costs) from
this, the CoCo is a hobby. I would love to see James post what he has
so far before going into lurk mode, but I do not begrudge him if he
does not.

Rod

On 6/2/05, Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2005, at 9:10 PM, James Dessart wrote:
>
> > Me and mine are going to be moving soon, heading off to live on a
> > farm in Nova Scotia. I wont be programming at all for the next
> > couple of years, I have to recover from a serious case of burnout.
> > I'm gonna stick around on the list, and my CoCo's going with me,
> > I'm just not going to be all that active, project and list wise.
>
> James,
>
> You cannot be serious.  What is the source of your programming burn-
> out?   It cannot be due to CoCo programming, because from my count,
> you've never finished one project that you've started.  You committed
> to working on the sdcc C compiler back-end, but haven't even finished
> that, or  your other high-profile projects, like your ethernet card.
>
> I'm sounding harsh here, but frankly, I don't see how you can be a
> part of several high profile projects and just skip and run out for
> "the next couple of years" without being called on it.  Then, to be
> frankly honest, I don't see much work for the talk that you've been
> doing.
>
> Boisy

                                   _
ASCII ribbon campaign (  )