[Coco] HDB-DOS wish list

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 21:28:03 EDT 2004

Ben,
while it would be an interesting idea to have multiple HDB partitions on a
single drive, even with IDE only allowing 2 drives, with 256 each that's 512
virtual floppies that are already readily accessible to Basic...

Here's a quick & dirty program to copy Master 100 to Slave 5:
(takes about 40 sec on these *old* seagate drives)

100 CLEAR12000:DIMA$(18),B$(18)
110 MD=100:SD=5
120 FORT=0TO34
130 DRIVE#0:FORS=1TO18
135 DSKI$ MD,T,S,A$(S),B$(S)
140 NEXTS
150 DRIVE#1:FORS=1TO18
155 DSKO$ SD,T,S,A$(S),B$(S)
160 NEXTS,T:SOUND1,1

BTW, I will be adding this capability to Color FOG, now that I am aware of it.
I  am also working on making FOG faster overall and more versatile at the same
time. The plan is coming together.

Bob