[Coco] Updated KenTon SCSI drivers for OS-9?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Sep 15 22:19:33 EDT 2004

So my problem -- how do I get new drivers over to a CoCo, with no
serial link, or floppy?

My first attempt was to try to write raw sectors out to a CF card, and
then read them on the CoCo using ded and create the file from that.  No
go -- can't find Mac tools that will let me manipulate the disk easily
(though I know they have to disk; Norton Disk Doctor, commercial,
prolly does it).

Second attempt was using a FAT formatted CF card and just copying the
files to it, and trying to read them using "pcdos" on the CoCo OS-9
system.  No go, since it's not the FAT format for floppies PCDOS was
written for.

So now I am using "ded" and searching for the file, raw, on the 256MB
CF card trying to find the sectors where the OS-9 module is -- and if I
find that, I'm set.  We'll see if this works -- pity I can't remember a
thing about MS-DOS disk format!  Time to net search...

		-- A