[Coco] USB devices

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Sat Nov 27 21:53:01 EST 2004

On 27-Nov-04, at 4:58 PM, Ray Watts wrote:

> Now for the burning with Toast Lite.  I'm not sure what Boisy meant by
> "burnt raw" unless he is referring simply to the data burning mode.
> There is no support for any other data type.  It seems you are
> familiar with the situation and that, indeed, is the case.

Burning raw just takes a file and burns it to the disk. It's pretty
straightforward, and even Lite versions should support it, I would
think.

> So, my best bet is to massage my data for the CD on my Windows
> emulator, then copy it to the Mac to be burnt in the normal data mode
> mode of Toast Lite.  Is this what you had in mind in your reply?

You'd have to burn it in image mode, not normal data mode. You'd need
to create an OS-9 disk image somewhere, though, and the Windows
emulator is as good a place as any. If you have multiple partitions on
your Mac, you could install linux and compile the OS-9 tools from
there. Most Macs are supported by linux, and who knows, there might
even be a "live" CD version for PPC.

I thought that OS-9 had an MSDOS compatibility program, which is the
assumption I was working under originally.

James