[Coco] Re: CoCo to SVGA

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Nov 2 02:42:16 EST 2004

I just had a closer look at this board and I'd bet from its view it's
the reference design from AverLogic using the following chips:

3-channel analog RGB -> digital RGB888 ADC:

http://www.averlogic.com/password/AL875_Data_Sheets.PDF

digital RGB565 -> analog VGA conversion:

http://www.averlogic.com/password/AL250_251_Data_Sheets.PDF

Here's the design:

http://www.2k1.co.uk/products/averlogic/www1/AL250/AL875_250.pdf

I guess one could make that cheaper with 30 devices. One idea is to
remove the micro controller. Maybe we could even access the
sophisticated functions of the chip using the CoCo's bit banger port.
However, every function we really need can be hard wired (I think it's
not necessary to change the gamma-curves).

Regards,
Torsten