[Coco] ASCII art in mail/news clients

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 09:59:30 EST 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 09:19 am, Robert Gault wrote:

> Given the problems with trojans, viruses, and worms that hit I.E.
> more strongly than any other browser/e-mail programs, there is a big
> advantage to using anything other than I.E. Emoticons is hardly a
> reason to switch browsers, but if that's what you want try Mozilla.

Mozilla is a fine browser and an adequate email agent, but one thing I
do not need to see in email and even less in newsgroups is graphics in
the middle of a message.  Graphics as an attachment is fine, but if you
think folks are too stupid to recognize smileys in text form I
recommend you stick to places like alt.fan.n-sync and
talk.politics.liberal.  Technical mailing lists and newsgroups have no
need for such silliness, and generally it qualifies for immediate use
of my delete key no matter how high-brow the rest of the message might
be.  I don't _use_ Mozilla or Nutscrape to read mail, and I especially
don't use any Microsoft product to do so.  Depending on my environment
of the moment, I use either mutt or kmail, neither of which has any
respect for such foolishness.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

"And I don't like the idea of going _anywhere_ near the gods.  We're
like toys to them, you know."  _And they don't realise how easily the
arms and legs come off_, he added to himself.
                                Terry Pratchet, _The Last Hero_