[Coco] Repacking - was Re: Hello All

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Thu Jun 10 20:01:10 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Emery" <theother_bob at yahoo.com>
To: <ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com>; <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 1:17 PM
Subject: [Coco] Repacking - was Re: Hello All

<snip>

> I'm curious how many folks out there would like to repack but just don't
feel
> up to the hassle of hardware modification for whatever reason. Would
anyone be
> willing to pay for repack services, adapters, or other custom
modifications
> such as adding an internal floppy drive or joystick to their stock CoCo?
>
> Bob Emery
> http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob

I've always toyed with the idea of doing a repack, but in my case I wouldn't
mind the hassle of a hardware modification.  I simply lack the knowledge on
how to safely accomplish it without frying my CoCo.  I've read through the
repack guide available on coco3.com (and other places), but it seems to be
somewhat dated in what equipment it recommends to use in order to accomplish
the repack.  I'd like to see a step-by-step guide on how to repack using a
more current PC case and power supply.

Ken Carlin