[Coco] New game for CoCo3 - new C libraries for RSDOS

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Sat Nov 29 15:24:00 EST 2003

On 29-Nov-03, at 3:48 AM, Chris Spry wrote:

> I do know how to program in C, although it has been years, but I don't
> have any C Compiler for RS-DOS (was there ever one made?).

Not that I'm aware of, but we do have gcc targeting RS-DOS right now.
If you don't need stdlib stuff, it's all ready to go, but there's very
little in the way of any library support for RS-DOS.  Everything needs
to be written from scratch.  That includes disk drive support... right
now there is no support whatsoever for disk drives, and I have no idea
how to write it myself.

However, with a complete, comprehensive set of information on all the
disk drive interfaces (maybe even what HDB-DOS supports...) I could
whip something up quickly.  But I'd need all that info in one spot, I
don't really have time to compile it myself.  If someone could do that,
it'd be fantastic.

James