[Coco] New game for CoCo3 - new C libraries for RSDOS

Chris Spry bugster at cedarcomm.com
Sat Nov 29 23:46:00 EST 2003

I know that I wouldn't be able to do that probably.  For now it looks like
I'm going to stick with CBASIC for making Minihog, which means it won't
scroll, but it should be JUST quick enough for playing (When you reach the
end of the screen it jumps to the next, like with Rad Warrior or Predator).
I'll see what I can do for writing music/sound with the speech sound pak
modified for the CoCo 3's high speed poke.  If I slow down the program for
the sound on a typical ss pak it'll bog down the game and wouldn't be worth
playing.  The ss pak has a buffer of memory to store the data for
sound/music so it'd be independent, letting the CPU deal with everything
else it needs to.  It's kind of like having a sound card for the CoCo.
Perhaps that's something someone can make for the CoCo 3...a sound blaster
like sound card that'd plug into one of the MPI slots, but that's just me
thinking.  If someone did that I would definitely write routines for it for
MiniHog.

-Chris