[Coco] Emulators -- MESS/Vavasour/Stroffolino?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 23:23:44 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/23/03 4:08:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, farna at att.net
writes:

> I'm familiar with Jeff Vavasour's emulator, think I still have a copy
>  here. Other than support for other systems as well, does the MESS
>  emulator do anything different/better?

I think the main advantage of MESS is that it runs under newer versions of
Windows, and also under Linux, whereas Jeff's requires a real DOS boot,
otherwise it "blue screens" under Windows 98 or later.  I probably have the details
wrong, but I think those are the major differences.  Of course each emulator
does some things better than others.

Jeff's is faster, from what I hear.  Linux MESS is said to be really slow on
the kind of PCs Linux usually runs on.  --Mike K.