[Coco] Re: 8" drive to 5.25" replacement?

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at netspace.net.au
Mon Dec 8 04:32:01 EST 2003

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:43:33 -0500, you wrote:

>On Saturday 06 December 2003 09:21, Richard E. Crislip wrote:
>>Hello Gene
>>
>>Hehe.. But it sure does work good on my A4000 still today. 8-) I
>> just wish I could figure out way my Amithlon setup refuses to
>> connect to the internet. It sees my router just fine via telnat,
>> but I have not been able to go any further. No problems with the
>> real Amiga or my two PCs (Winblows or Linux) doing it though
>> <sigh>. I need to get my business off that poor old 13 year old
>> hardware.
>
>Yeah, but it works so nice.  As to the router, it probably hasn't been
>told to NAT the amigas address.  Not knowing what router, I can't
>advise.  And I don't do that much multiple address NATing in mine
>either as I'm using iptables on the older linux box for that.  My
>path to the router from here is via a nic using a 192.168.xx.xx
>address, then through iptables to the second nic in the old machine,
>with iptables doing the NATing between the 192.168.xx.xx address of
>nic #2 to nic#1 at 192.168.yy.yy.  Then the router NATs the
>192.168.yy.yy address to whatever the PPPoE in the router obtains via
>DHCP for my real DSL address.  Absolutely transparent from this end,
>absolutely opaque from the other end.
>
>Needless to say, with that much state controlled NATing going on, even
>the older machine with all its active firewall rules, has only logged
>one attack attempt, and that one came in thru a previous router, a
>Seimans, that the hacker destroyed 2 weeks after I installed it,  But
>the linksys I replaced it with has never even let a SYN packet thru.
>
>Funny thing though, the attack actually came from a verizon DNS server
>according to the logs I captured.  I'd bet they were running an old
>version of bind, and got rootkitted.
>
>As far as I know, I'm invisible to the outside world.  Run the linux
>'nmap' scanner against my current 151.205.10.15 real address and see
>if you can find me.  I'll try to plug any holes you can find.

If you want to check ourt the security of your system/firewall, you
might like to have a look at http://www.grc.com/default.htm.

Browse around & you'll find a few links to tests & lots of info on how
to make your system secure even without firewalls.  A very informative
& eye opening site.

stanblaz at netspace.net.au
www.stanblaz.customer.netspace.net.au