[Coco] coco OS9 boot ROM

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Sat Dec 6 01:32:00 EST 2003

At 12:34 AM 12/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>But why unnecessarily sacrifice the ability to run all RSDOS software?

Reminds me of that CoCo C-Windows guy selling $149 copies on ebay.

>It is quite an easy ROM patch to have the CoCo boot OS-9 unless, say, the
>space bar is being held down, in which case it does the usual Basic
>boot-up.  (This was one of the configurable options I put into Extended
>ADOS-3, though it would be a bit silly to burn an EA3 ROM if one were
>using OS-9 essentially exclusively.)

This is true.  I have never agreed with anyone's attempt to force you to
bypass Disk BASIC completely on your way to OS-9.  Disk BASIC is actually
dream-land to BASIC and assembly programmers.  Anything is possible...
stuff you can't do under OS-9 and stay compliant... stuff... ok, I'm open
for an attack now, so I'll quit. :)

{Roger Taylor}