[arg_discuss] ARG metrics

Claudia Rodriguez Ortiz claudia at aheadofthegame.eu
Wed Sep 14 06:01:19 EDT 2011

hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response. I think one of the main reasons ARGs have not
taken off is this lack of analytics in the field. In my experience, both
commercial and non-profit potential funders of ARGs are intrigued but
-rightly so- they want to be able to tell what their ROI would be.

Also comparing them with the same metrics that are used in say, traditional
advertising does not make them justice, and it is like comparing apples with
pears. Therefore special ARG/ cross-media metrics should be developed and
the cases so far could be analysed. That would make a great topic for a
Masters thesis or PhD, anyone out there interested? ;) I could act as a
research advisor if anyone is interested in pursuing this academically.

All the best

Claudia

Claudia Rodriguez Ortiz
Ahead of the Game / PlayReal