[arg_discuss] John Maccabee founder of CityMystery (John Maccabee)

John Maccabee johnmaccabee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:47:55 EDT 2011

Alex;
There will be documentation from argfest 2011, at which I launched an
offshoot from pheon.org, called The Wars Of Authenticity - an ongoing
transmedia story told via web, live events, cell phones, graphic novel and
comic. I used cell phones again this year, and a female body builder [a
bookend for my last presentation which was in Boston, 2008, when I launched
Ghosts Of A Chance with the help of a tattooed Craig Torres, Mr. New England
2004, 2005]. Cell phones help suspend disbelief, and so does the presence of
lightly clothed *professional *bodies. This year's live event featured a
model of a hot air balloon [representing a balloon that launched on August
19th, 1807], which players had to retrieve with magnetic retrieval
instruments, which they learned by entering data in a real "fake" cell phone
data base. A good time was had by many. The female body builder wore a sash
which read, *Ms. Terra Firma, 1807*. The object of the game was to have the
players retrieve the balloon, bring it back to Terra Firma 1807.
.

--
John Maccabee
CityMystery LLC