[arg_discuss] John Maccabee founder of CityMystery (John Maccabee)

John Maccabee johnmaccabee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:20:05 EDT 2011

Thank you, Alex. Unfortunately, all I have from Gone Jason is the anecdotal
evidence I described. I may have the original power point, which was the
lead up to the interactions with actors but I will have to search for that.
And yes, I agree - fabulous - making interactions tricky and playful based
on the player's ability to parse and/or conquer an in-game character's
psychological state adds depth to games. I would like to do more of these.
It hasn't figured in any of the games we have designed since that first one.
Too bad. Maybe one for the University of Leicester???? What was
particularly interesting to me was that the players so thoroughly got caught
up in it because it was occurring over the phone. Anyway, more to come.
Best, John

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Moseley, Alex <am14 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Welcome John,

> (and hello all after a looong hiatus!)

> Very pleased to see you on here - I teach a course on museum games &

> interaction, and have followed your work with the Smithsonian closely (a

> lengthy interview with Georgina Goodlander there forms part of a chapter on

> ARGs I wrote for the forthcoming Museums At Play).

> Gone Jason sounds fabulous - do you have any write-ups anywhere?

> Cheers,

> Alex.

> Alex Moseley

> Educational Designer, University Teaching Fellow

> Course Design and Development Unit

> University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH

John Maccabee
CityMystery LLC
2001 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94115