[arg_discuss] ARG Accessibility?

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Mon Aug 22 12:28:38 EDT 2011

Hi All,

On the Game Accessibility SIG someone just posted:

Augmented Reality Gaming for the blind just came a little bit easier:
http://grathio.com/2011/08/meet-the-tacit-project-its-sonar-for-the-blind/

Now hold your horses, I know that says AUGMENTED, not Alternate. :)

What that did make me wonder was do you guys worry at all about
accessibility or have to make arrangements for say deaf or blind players
who may not be able to get the same experience as everyone else? Or when
doing visuals keep in mind red-green color blindness? Or do you just
design for the lowest common denominator and go from there?

Curious in Chicago,
Sheri

--
*Sheri Rubin*