[arg_discuss] Software for managing games/events/player communication

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:34:33 EST 2010

It's my understanding that most very intensive player-tracking
software is written in-house, even today. I've worked indirectly with
Meteor Solutions for social media metrics; but I couldn't tell you if
they're pricy or not. It's my understanding the Fourth Wall Studios
has some pretty fantastic technology they use for their Rides; I don't
know if they're willing to license out to others, but it might not
hurt to ask.

Aside from that, Transmedia Storyteller is cloud-based software
intended to do transmedia-ish things, but I'm not sure what their
capabilities are: http://www.transmediastoryteller.com/

There are a couple of other tech startups working on similar projects,
but I'm not sure what they all are off the top of my head. It's worth
Tweeting to the #transmedia tag when everyone wakes up on Monday for
more suggestions.

Andrea Phillips
http://www.aaphillips.com
Twitter: @andrhia * Skype: Andrhia