[arg_discuss] What skills do you need for working in ARGs & transmedia

Kim Plowright kim.plowright at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:25:25 EDT 2010

+1

Also - logical systems thinking grafted on to more conventional
creativity. Being able to take your idea, and break it down in to
logical steps to complete, and figure out the tools you'll need to do
it. Understanding that when technical builds are involved, the later
changes come in, the harder it is to change the infrastructure to fit.
Understanding that constraints like that are GOOD for your creativity,
not stifling to it.

It's a bit like that Harrison Ford quote about George Lucas: 'you can
write this s**t, but you sure as hell can't say it.' - learn to sense
check your ideas. Eg, having kids running around looking for gunmen on
the top of high buildings = sounds aces, but you probably can't afford
the insurance, let alone the lawsuits.

Or, as someone put it - understand how to make the extraordinary,
achievable; don't try to make the achievable extraordinary.