[arg_discuss] What skills do you need for working in ARGs & transmedia

Evan Jones evan at mysteryjones.com
Mon Aug 9 13:18:17 EDT 2010

For me Brooke - the most important reason to have technical knowledge in
transmedia is to attain what Cory Doctorow called 'The Plausible Premise'

http://www.locusmag.com/Perspectives/2009/07/cory-doctorow-cheap-facts-and-plausible.html

<http://www.locusmag.com/Perspectives/2009/07/cory-doctorow-cheap-facts-and-plausible.html>Essentially
- all you have to know is that something's possible and SNAP - Google will
show you how (perhaps after many hours) or put you in touch with someone who
can do it today. An example is with a recent project with Facebook
OpenGraph API - I don't need to know how to program it directly, but I do
need to know the capabilities of the system to understand how it works for
my transmedia project. And that requires some technical
tinkering/education.

Evan Jones
Stitch Media

Halifax: 902.482.2157