[arg_discuss] What skills do you need for working in ARGs & transmedia

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Mon Aug 9 13:03:14 EDT 2010

Tomorrow, I am meeting with various people from the State of Georgia
to talk about transmedia and the skills and education required for it.
It's part of some education grant program that helps to make sure that
GA has a competitive work force.

I am at a loss. Transmedia skills tend to be more "liberal arts" than
technical - or, rather, we contract out what we need when we need it
which changes frequently. Or is that just how I see it from where I'm
standing - do you producer types see it similarly? If you could say
that you'd like to see more people better educated in something, what
would that something be? Or, is there some knowledge or skill you have
that you feel has been instrumental or something you wish you had,
what is it?

Help me not sound like an idiot or at less like less of one ;)

Brooke Thompson
Transmedia Storytelling
http://www.giantmice.com