[arg_discuss] White Paper - 2010 Edition

Brooke Thompson brooke at giantmice.com
Tue Apr 27 11:10:40 EDT 2010

Hey all

I've had some really good feedback in re the White Paper! Yay! A
couple of folks have offered to help me edit it (I'll be in touch!),
so now we need some authors to step up and help us make this thing a
reality. I posted this on my blog, as well as to the list, so feel
free to spread the word to any & all that might be interested in
writing a section. And, if you've got an idea for a section you'd like
to write that's not already included, mention it and we might be able
to make it happen.

The proposed outline is as follows:
- Intro (Brooke Thompson)
- Overview
- The Rise of Transmedia
- Market
- Business Models
- Audience
- General Design Principals
- ARGs in various industries
- ARGs and Marketing
- ARGs and Publishing (Michael Andersen)
- ARGs and Television
- ARGs and Serious Games
- Towards an Independent Future
- An Academic View into research trends & future directions

The (rather tight, eep!) schedule looks like this:
- Call for Authors - starting now!
- Outlines - May 15
(outlines reviewed & comments sent to authors by June 1)
- First Drafts - July 1
(drafts reviewed & comments sent to authors by July 15)
- Final Drafts - September 1
(paper assembled for final editing by September 10)
- Publication - September 20

If you are interested, please get in touch with me as soon as possible!

Brooke Thompson
Transmedia Storyteller ARGFest Chair
www.giantmice.com www.argfest.com

email: brooke at giantmice.com