[arg_discuss] Topic of the Week Oct. 12: You Tell Me

Michael Monello mmonello at campfirenyc.com
Fri Oct 16 14:06:09 EDT 2009

When I was working for the not-for-profit Florida Film Festival, I once turned down a job programming for Disney that would have tripled my salary because I feared it would raise my standard of living too much and I wouldn't take risks pursuing independent movies. A couple years later, I was producing Blair Witch and earning far less than what the film festival was paying, but it all worked out in the end.

I say always follow your heart, and in those times you have to choose money over desire, don't let those jobs derail your ambitions!

Best,

Mike