[arg_discuss] Budget and/or project plan for running an ARG

Michael Monello mmonello at campfirenyc.com
Thu Jun 11 11:00:03 EDT 2009

I understand what you are getting at, but the pieces are tied to tactics, and tactically, ARGs are all over the place. Each element within an ARG will generally have some kind of systematized budgeting & production process, so you basically take your tactics and run them through that:

Video/film production
Application development
Website development
Live performance/events
Book publishing
Etc.

At the end of the day. Schedule often determines budget, so I suggest you attack larger productions with some serious project planning, use a Gantt chart and then work out your budgets based on the relationships you've identified in the Gannt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gantt_chart

Mike